Catalysing change in the Research Sector
1:30pm, level 2, room 204
Fabiana Kubke, Creative Commons Aotearoa
Philippa Smith, Auckland University of Technology
Tags: Education, openness
Open, collaborative, reproducible science practice is growing – led by researchers trying to do the right thing and funders and publishers trying to incentivise researchers to do things right.
· Do Researchers have the skills to work in an open, collaborative environment?
· What are the barriers for adoption of Open Research Practices?
· What opportunities are there for researchers to gain the needed skills?
· How is the University of Auckland addressing this gap?
· What skills are we overlooking?
· Within what disciplines/types of projects should we be focusing our efforts?